Monday, June 11, 2007

Opal Neon #1933


Opal is not one of my favorite yarns, but I sure do love this new colorway, Neon. Such bright colors.

I just sent a few pairs of bent #1 circular needles back to Skacel for replacing, I sure will be glad when they get back. In the meantime, I've switched over to #3s for a while. This green pair is a gorgeous hand-dyed mohair/wool which I got at the Rhinebeck show last October, from Persimmon Tree Farm. Beautiful dark greens and gold. I reinforced the heels and toes with wooly nylon and used the Blueberry Waffle pattern for the sock.

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Suzann said...

OH BOY, you are right. They are bright. Strange that color doesn't look terribly bright in the pictures I have seen online. But you know, I like it. After knitting nothing but blue socks to go with my jeans, I am ready for some color.
I really like Blueberry Waffle. It isn't boring, but it doesn't make your head want to implode. I have done that pattern twice.
Great socks.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those heels sure did come out looking great!!! Mine always look slopy.

Libby

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger junior_goddess said...

I like them both!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Joan said...

I love the green socks!! I haven't done the reinforcement thing yet but must learn how.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home