Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hats and new yarns

I made a pair of socks in Kit Zerbe's Dimpled Socks pattern a few years ago, in a worsted weight yarn, and ever since then I've been wanting to make a pair in fingering weight. It's a simple lace pattern: (K2, K2tog, yo) on a multiple of 4 stitches. I'm so happy with how this sock is turning out, it has a delicate antiquey look to it. The yarn is Opal Uni and I'm using 72 stitches on #1 needles. I did not do a picot edge on top. I use a backwards loop cast on, and the rib is: Rows 1 and 2: (K3 P1) across. Row 3: (K1 P1) across. The two rows of K3, P1 give it that wavy edge.


My cousin gave me a gift certificate at The Warm Ewe in Chatham NY and this is what I got. I think it is going to want to be made into hats. Gifts don't count when stashbusting, right?
Here is another new yarn I got recently, Opal Bamboo, I am excited to try socks with this. Nice and soft. I love the greens. Sock yarns don't count towards stashbusting, right? This is only one skein.




3 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Suzann said...

I saw your post at Sockknitters. I must say this is just about the most clever ribbing edging I have ever seen. And so simple. The lace is pretty also. Thanks for posting about it

Suzann

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that lace on the creamsocks. You've said it is a simple 4 stitch pattern. Would you spell it out more please? I am hopeless at figuring out patterns.It seems that the alternate rows are just plain knit, and also the alternate patterns are offset, but I can't figure out by how much.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger hnick said...

The lace pattern goes like this:
Rows 1-3, 5-7: Knit.
Row 4: (K2tog, yo, K2) to end.
Row 8: (K2, K2tog, yo) to end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home