Wednesday, August 02, 2006

county fair



I've won ribbons in the county fair before, but it didn't seem like much of an accomplishment because there weren't many entries in my categories (socks, mittens and hats). This year, however, I won Best of Show on a pair of socks, how exciting! They are done in Regia 4-ply tweed, 72 stitches around on #1 needles.


It makes me sad to see less and less fair entries as the years go by. Our county is less agricultural and more suburban, and the overcrowding and development only get worse every year.


Here's a close up of the cables:

5 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You did a beautiful job.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous socks! Very deserving of a Best of Show ribbon. May I ask about the pattern? Is it your own design or could you tell me where you found it? I'd love to try making it, although I doubt mine would win any ribbons. :) Great job!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger hnick said...

Thank you! I designed it myself. Didn't write down the pattern. -Heidi

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a shame because it is a beauty!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratualtions, excellent sock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home